Personal Tax Returns

Personal Tax Returns

Unless there are exemption declaration from Canada Revenue Agency , Due date for the personal tax of individual and family is April 30th each year.. The deadline for personal tax for self-employed is June 15th to file. However, if you are self-employed and owe taxes, the CRA will begin to charge you interest from May 1st even though the tax return is not due until June 15th.

Income to be reported on your personal tax filing:

  • Self-employed businesses (sole-proprietorship)
  • Partnership income
  • Employment expenses (commission and salary)
  • Investment income Rental properties
  • Non-resident tax returns
  • 216 Non-Resident rental properties
  • T1135 Foreign Income Verification Statements
  • Coordination of Canadian and US tax returns

We will need the following documents in order to prepare your return efficiently.

Personal Return Checklist

  • Last year’s notice of assessment and Tax return
  • All correspondence with Canada Revenue Agency
  • Update during the year, including change in address, marital status, new family members and other
  • Proof of Instalment payments

Tax Slips

  • T4
  • T4A
  • T4E
  • T5
  • T3
  • T4RIF
  • T4OAS
  • T4AP
  • T5008
  • T5018
  • T5013
  • T5007
  • RRSP
  • T4RSP
  • T2200 (employment expenses)
  • T2202A (tuition receipt)


  • Revenue and expense (self-employed, partnership, rental property)
  • Commission and/or employment expenses worksheet
  • Foreign income Capital gain/loss report
  • Medical receipts (travel for medical)
  • Donation receipts
  • Disability forms
  • Babysitter, daycare, day camp
  • Overnight camp
  • Student loan interest
  • Rent receipts
  • Property tax Management fees on investments
  • Moving expenses
  • Spousal support paid or received
  • Certain Legal fees